WARNING: Reading this will not help you secure your next new career move, but may make you look smart in front of colleagues. Here are some of our favourites business facts.
- Steve Jobs’ annual salary was $1, just enough to keep company health benefits.
- According to studies, the most productive day of the working week is Tuesday.
- Yahoo! was originally called ‘Jerry’s Guide to the World Wide Web’.
- Warner Chappel Music owns the copyright to the song ‘Happy Birthday’. They make over $1 million in royalties every year from the commercial use of the song.
- The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.
- The creator of the NIKE Swoosh symbol was paid only $35 for the design.
- Originally, Nintendo was a playing card manufacturer.
- It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce…and 13 hours to build a Toyota.
- The founder of FedEx once saved the company by taking its last $5,000 and turning it into $32,000 by gambling in Vegas
- Ben & Jerry’s was originally going to be a bagel company
And a completely random fact for good luck…
If you were to remove all of the empty space from the atoms that make up every human on earth, the entire world population could fit into an apple.
Read more about some awesome culture ideas here: http://blog.talentrocket.co.uk/43-company-culture-ideas-actually-work/